Let’s Explore “Bokushi-Street” in Local Kimono or Yukata!!
Overview This experience offers a precious opportunity for participants to wear Kimono or Yukata made of “Echigo-Johu” (Hemp Fabric) and “Shiozawa-Tsumugi” (Pongee) that have been locally produced for hundreds of years in this region. You will be immersed in historical and cultural experience while exploring 牧之通り ”Bokushi-Street”, one of popular streets in Shiozawa, where still old buildings remained, in locally produced Kimono or Yukata.
Yamada Ori Co.,Ltd. 1507-1 Shiozawa,Minamiuonuma-Shi, Niigata postcode: 949-6408
Meeting Time Can be flexible based on consultation
1. Yamada Ori Factory (Dressing, Observation of the factory, attending to Mizuhiki handicraft-workshop)
2. Bokushi Street (Taking a walk and exploration)
Required Time 3 hours～（Dressing 1 hour）
Price Kimono Rental 13,000 Yen／pax Yukata Rental 10,000 Yen／pax
Participant Maximum 10 （Minimum 2）
Season Through out a year
Reservation One week before the activity at the latest
Things We Prepare Kimono set, Zori shoes and arrangement for Dressing-up, hair-dressing, etc.
- Observation of Kimono Fabric Factory : Free of charge. You can have a look and walk inside the factory(30 min)
- Mizuhiki-handicraft-experience : Free of charge.You can try making Mizuhiki-handicraft (30min)
- Hire a tour guide : 600yen/pax（40min）
- Hire interpreter（English）: 2,000yen/hour
NPO GGG（Three G）Administration Office
Please contact us by filling a form in our homepage